Why Pole Dancing?
Pole dancing is a unique dance form that combines strength, co-ordination, cardiovascular exercise, elegance, posture and flexibility in a dynamic and fun way that is never boring, never feels like a fitness class, and always gives you a great workout. It’s not only a great new way to get fit, but also a wonderfully empowering experience.
At London Dance Academy, you can experience this ultimate sense of self expression. Whether you’re a beginner wanting to learn new moves for personal enjoyment or an experienced dancer or fitness professional wanting to develop your career, with over 200 classes a week on our timetable, we cater for all levels of skills and experience.
We offer open classes, private lessons, pole dancing events, and regular workshops with internationally renowned pole artists.
Pole dancing is a technique that anyone can learn. No prior dance or fitness experience is needed. Don’t forget we were all beginners once!
Please don’t worry about your level of flexibility, strength or stamina; these are all qualities you will gain from pole dancing! You can burn up to 400 calories an hour and you will spend most of the class laughing and smiling.
Pole dancing lessons include elements of choreography and dance as well as ‘tricks’ and athletic moves. With students coming from all walks of life and including all ages, shapes, and sizes, we’re confident that you’ll feel relaxed as well as empowered.
All of our teachers are friendly, experienced and fully qualified fitness professionals who have reached the highest levels of pole dancing technique and performance, with many of them competing regularly in addition to teaching at London Dance Academy. They will pass on their skills to you in a safe and inspiring atmosphere in every lesson.
Pole dancing is a unique and fun way to:
– burn calories in a full-body workout
– build and improve self confidence
– reduce stress
– increase your strength, stamina and flexibility
– improve your balance and overall body awareness
– increase your overall fitness levels
– lessen the risk of bone and joint ailments such as osteoporosis or carpal tunnel syndrome
– increase motivation to exercise and learn new skills with every lesson
– improve emotional wellbeing
– find a new passion in life and make a whole bunch of new friends – the pole community truly is a big, welcoming family!